Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Quick Update

Just wanted to give you all an update on Jeremy. Jeremy had a root canal in January and 2 weeks ago he had a post put in. After the post was put in his face was swollen about triple its original size. They thought the tooth was infected or he had a hematoma from the novacain hitting a blood vessal. Well after 2 antibiotics and an incision, it just got worse. Including a reaction to one of the antibiotics. Anyway he went an oral surgeon today and they made a new incision and drained lots of infection ( in nice words). It was an infected hematoma. The Dr. said it was a like a balloon so full it was about to burst. Jeremys body wasn't allowing the antibiotics to get to the infection. Anyway although he is in lots of pain. I think we finally have it fixed! Thanks again for all your support!

9 comments:

Jonie said...

That sounds absolutely awful, I hope things are getting better over there.

lindsay said...

oh my goodness! I am glad to hear that things are working out and he is feeling better! Sorry about the sick kids too... that stinks! Let me know if you need me to rescue you and take you out to a movie or dinner or somethin' : )

Rod and Jess said...

Holy moly Telford's! i just got caught up on my blog reading - are you guys okay??? I had NO idea that any of that was going on! Please let us know if we can do anything - we would love to steal your munchkins if that would alleviate any stress! Hope things start to look up from here!

Brooke said...

Yuck! That really stinks. I hate the dentist. I'm glad it's fixed now.

Cristy said...

We hope Jeremy is feeling better and Hope everything goes well for you as well...man have you guys had enough of the dentist lately or what???

Kara Allen said...

Glad to hear Jeremy is feeling good, how are you holding up taking care of three kids and a sick husband?!? Addie had RSV when she was four months old and it was a miserable month, probably won't ever forget it and was so glad when it was over! I hope everyone at your house is healthy soon!!!

Skousen # 4 said...

I am so sorry. I hope he gets feeling better. It sounds so painful.

Mindy said...

So are you still getting your wisdom teeth out tomorrow? Let me know if I can help. I will pray for no dry sockets!

Nina and Ryan said...

HOLY COW!!!! I'm so bad at keeping in touch but for all your sakes I'm glad February is done for you as well!!! I'm glad to have found you on facebook and glad the dental work you just had done went well :)