Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Staples and Thanksgiving

What do staples and Thanksgiving have in common...well nothing, but while enjoing our thanksgiving dinner my mom comes running in the church gym with cole in her arms and gushing blood. We have been though stiches and a head wound before so he amount of blood wasn't as scary this time. Cole need to go to the bathroom, and on his way out he was tackled, tripped, or pushed by another little boy. We aren't really sure which cause no one saw and the details are coming from a 4 year old. So the details tend to get better or worse depending on how he wants to tell the story that day. Of course he was freaking out when it happened but we settled him down and cleaned him up. The wound was not looking to good and we were in Idaho. My dad and Jeremy decided to try to find an urgent care. With no luck of finding one open, they took him to the hospital and luckily they did it rather quickly. They gave them the choice of numbing it or just doing it fast. Cole said just do it. So in about 3 seconds and no tears Cole had 5 new shiny staples in his head. He tells everyone"I was sooo tuff" and he was. He hasn't complained about it since. Now I am just scared for the bill!!


5 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

Staples? Are you kidding me??!! Ashlyn split her eyelid open a couple of months ago when she ran up the steps after school and slipped. They put this clear numbing gel on, let it sit for 10 minutes, and stitched. It numbs to the bone. Poor kid. Hope the taking out part doesn't hurt too badly!

Jonie said...

sooo gross, glad he was so tough

Michal Thompson said...

I highly recommend staples over anything else, quick and easy. However you have to have a cut in the right area. I hate prepping kids for stitches!

Jason and Kristin said...

Yikes! Those look painful. So sad for Cole and for you (good luck with the bill)!

Brooke said...

We just had our first run in with a head injury Tuesday night! My little Hallee broke a lamp with her head (don't ask, I don't know. We weren't in the room) and ended up with two gashes in her forehead. I had no idea head wounds bled that much! It was scary but she was a champ!! Sounds like Cole was the same way. Good for him! I hope everything goes well with the recovery. Darn head wounds!